lunes, 9 de octubre de 2017

FAMILIES ARE DIFFERENT. Reading

FAMILIES ARE DIFFERENT

Hello, my name is Nicola but everybody calls me Nico.
I live in a large home with my family. I have a mother, a father, a big sister and a dog. My sister´s name is Angelica. We call her Angel but if you ask me, she is not an “angel”. Somehow, she drives me “bonkers”. We fight a lot but we still love each other. TONS!!
Angel is teaching me to read. How awesome!! But I don´t always pay attention. Angel looks a lot like me! We are both adopted. We came from Korea when we were babies. Korea is a country on the other side of the world. Sometimes we wear our special Korean outfits. First came Angel, then four years later I came. My mum, dad and sister met me at the airport.
My dog´s name is “Buster”. He doesn´t look like me but sometimes we have the same hairdo!!. Can you see we have the same ponytails with bows?. He gives me a lot of slurpy kisses. Bustard is one of my best friends !!. My other friends are Molly and Anna. We go to kindergarten together where we play most of the day. We are six years old.
My parents are really old!! They are thirty years old! I love my parents a lot. They don´t look like me either. They have blue eyes and wavy hair. That´s because I am adopted but my mum and dad promised to love me and take care of me forever.
At first I didn´t think it was strange that I looked different. Then, Sometimes I felt angry and sad because Molly and Anna looked like their moms and dads.
Then I talked to my mum about it and she told me that there are different kinds of families. She said that all of them are glued together with a special kind of glue called LOVE.

TRUE OR FALSE?
1. Nico looks like Angel.
2. Nico and her sister look like their parents.
3. They are biological daughters.
4. Bustard is Nico´s pet.
5. Nico, Molly and Anna go to high school.
6. Nico´s parents have dark, curly hair.
7. Nico sometimes felt sad because she was different from her dad and mom.
8. Her mum says that there are different kinds of families.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.